- April 2010
- Vol. 11, No. 3
- Children's Bureau Express
- Strategies and Tools for Practice
Strategies and Tools for Practice
CBX provides tools and examples of programs that improve educational outcomes for children in foster care, help agencies hire child welfare workers who will stay, and serve children of incarcerated parents.
- Improving Educational Outcomes for Children in Out-of-Home Care
When a child is removed from home and placed in out-of-home care, a change in school placement is often necessary. For many children in foster care, such interruptions to their education result in...
- The Impact of Realistic Job Previews in Child Welfare
High worker turnover in the child welfare system is expensive in terms of both dollars and the impact on services for children and families. In a recent study conducted by Kathleen Coulborn Faller...
- A Toolkit for Working With Children of Incarcerated Parents
Current research suggests that children and youth of incarcerated parents often experience trauma that may have long-term effects on their mental health and may put them at risk for experiencing...