- May 2010
- Vol. 11, No. 4
- Children's Bureau Express
- Strategies and Tools for Practice
Strategies and Tools for Practice
CBX provides tools and examples of programs for recruitment of families, risk assessment, drug use and mental health services for parents, and advocacy for youth.
- Recruiting Adoptive Families in Rural Communities
Recruiting adoptive parents in rural areas requires a specific type of marketing approach. The staff of Northeast Ohio Adoption Services (NOAS) have written a step-by-step recruitment guide that...
- Assessing Child Safety With Domestic Violence
Enhancing the safety of children involved in domestic violence situations is the focus of a new factsheet from the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families (DCF). Promising Approaches:...
- Intensive Services for Addicted Parents
Oregon's Intensive Treatment and Recovery Services (ITRS) initiative offers a range of intensive treatment options for parents with drug or alcohol addictions so that children can remain with...
- Questions About Advocating for Pregnant and Parenting Teens in Foster Care
Pregnant and parenting teens in foster care face multiple challenges. Findings from a 2009 study by Chapin Hall of more than 4,500 pregnant and parenting Illinois teens in foster care identified...