- April 2014
- Vol. 15, No. 4
- Children's Bureau Express
- Strategies and Tools for Practice
Strategies and Tools for Practice
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other instruments that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
- Assessing Child Sexual, Physical Abuse
Injuries resulting from child abuse sometimes go unrecognized and misdiagnosed. According to Suspected Child Abuse: Clinical Practice Guideline (CPG), released by the Cardinal Glennon Children's...
- Resources to Support LGBTQI2-S Youth, Families
A new toolkit offers a variety of resources for working with children and youth who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, intersex, and two-spirit, (LGBTQI2-S) and their...
- Improving Outcomes for Youth in Child Welfare, Juvenile Justice
The recently released Guidebook for Juvenile Justice and Child Welfare System Coordination and Integration: A Framework for Improved Outcomes (3rd Edition), reports on efforts to implement more...
- Promoting Educational Success of Children in Foster Care
Positive educational experiences and academic success can mitigate the negative impact of child maltreatment and placement instability faced by children in foster care. Findings from multiple...