- May 2015
- Vol. 16, No. 4
- Children's Bureau Express
- Strategies and Tools for Practice
Strategies and Tools for Practice
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other instruments that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
- Healing Child Sexual Abuse in Tribal Communities
A recent article in the American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children's (APSAC's) news journal APSAC Advisor shares information on Pathway to Hope (PTH), an indigenous approach to guiding...
- Immersive Learning, Practical Application in Simulation Lab
Child welfare professionals and educators in the Los Angeles, CA, area are implementing a new training program that utilizes an immersive simulation lab. The simulation lab builds a model...
- Education Programs for Youth Transitioning to Independent Living
As part of its planning efforts for Chafee Foster Care Independence Program-funded evaluations of Independent Living programs, the U.S. Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation partnered with...
- Well-Being of Crossover Youth
Children and youth who have suffered maltreatment have a 47 percent higher risk of becoming involved with the juvenile justice system than their peers. Maltreated youth who are involved with both...