- December 2018/January 2019
- Vol. 19, No. 10
- Children's Bureau Express
- Strategies and Tools for Practice
Strategies and Tools for Practice
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other resources that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
- On Legal Representation
A video produced by the Capacity Building Center for Courts features a presentation recorded for a Court Improvement Program work session. Vivek Sankaran, director, Child Advocacy Law Clinic,...
- Ensuring Quality Family Visits During Foster Care to Promote Earlier, Safer Reunifications
When children are in out-of-home care, quality visits with their birth families can improve the odds for earlier, safer, and more successful family reunifications. An article from the American Bar...
- Improving Child Welfare Through Judicial Leadership
Given the court system's critical role in child welfare, a concerted effort by judicial leaders to improve strategies and outcomes can have a comprehensive and long-lasting effect on children and...
- Defining the 'It': Helping Teams Understand, Implement, and Observe Improvements
Written by the Children's Bureau's Capacity Building Center for States. Imagine that, after exploring several options, a state child welfare agency selects and adapts a program to improve...