- December 2019/January 2020
- Vol. 20, No. 10
- Children's Bureau Express
- Strategies and Tools for Practice
Strategies and Tools for Practice
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other resources that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
- Addressing Poverty in Child Neglect Cases
An article from the American Bar Association discusses the importance of looking at poverty as a cause of maltreatment rather than as being maltreatment itself. The National Incidence Study of...
- Project GAIN Provides Economic Support to At-Risk Families
Project GAIN (Getting Access to Income Now) was a research project with the goal of preventing child maltreatment by providing at-risk families with economic supports to help them reduce their...
- Safe & Sound Seeks to Strengthen Vulnerable Families
Safe & Sound is a child advocacy organization based in San Francisco that aims to raise awareness of and prevent child maltreatment. The organization's ideals revolve around strengthening...
- Live Well San Diego
The Community Collaborations to Strengthen and Preserve Families grant cluster, funded by the Children's Bureau in fiscal year 2019, promotes the use of primary prevention strategies to improve...
- Redesigning Child Welfare to Focus on Early Intervention and Prevention
In fiscal year 2019, the Children's Bureau funded nine projects through the Community Collaborations to Strengthen and Preserve Families grant cluster to use primary prevention strategies to...
- Webinar Highlights Child Welfare and Poverty
The National Association of Counsel for Children conducted a webinar on October 22, 2019, highlighting the intersection of poverty and child neglect and how the child welfare system tends to...
- Community Collaborations to Build Service Array
Written by the Capacity Building Center for States Community partners, when working collaboratively, can achieve more positive outcomes for children and families than each partner working...