- November 2013
- Vol. 14, No. 8
- Children's Bureau Express
- Children's Bureau Grantee Updates
Children's Bureau Grantee Updates
New site visit reports highlight projects focused on comprehensive family assessment, diligent recruitment, and building infrastructure capacity to support collaboration between child welfare and early childhood systems.
- Site Visit: LA Child Welfare/Early Education Partners
Improving developmental outcomes and school readiness for young children involved with child welfare is a strong component of improving well-being, a priority in the child welfare field. To...
- Site Visit: Comprehensive Family Assessments in Contra Costa County
In 2001, the California State Assembly passed the Child Welfare System Improvement and Accountability Act, a State initiative modeled after the Federal Child and Family Services Reviews (CFSR)....
- Site Visit: Roots & Wings in Santa Cruz, CA
In 2008, the County of Santa Cruz, CA, Human Services Department, Family and Child Services, recognized deficits in three major areas: finding appropriate homes for children in their own...