- June 2015
- Vol. 16, No. 5
- Children's Bureau Express
- Children's Bureau Grantee Updates
Children's Bureau Grantee Updates
We highlight four grantee site visits this month whose activities focus on using family group decision-making with target populations, improving early education services for children in foster care, and using family group conferencing to improve child welfare outcomes.
- Site Visit: Nurturing the Resiliency in Wayne County Families
Using a Children's Bureau Family Connection grant, Homes for Black Children (HBC) developed and implemented the Nurturing the Resiliency in Wayne County Families: Rethinking the Family...
- Site Visit: North Florida Child Welfare—Early Education Partnership
In 2010, a group of human services agencies in Duval County, FL, evaluated the services offered to children in the community who were between birth and the age of 3, and were also involved with...
- Site Visit: New Jersey Kinship Connections Program
In fiscal year 2011, the Children's Bureau awarded a Family Connection Grant to the Children's Home Society of New Jersey (CHSofNJ) for a 3-year project to use family group decision-making (FGDM)...
- Site Visit: Families United Family Group Conferencing Program
Using a Children's Bureau Family Connection grant, the Youth and Family Services Division (YFS) of the San Diego YMCA, in partnership with San Diego County Child Welfare Services (CWS), Casey...