- July 2016
- Vol. 17, No. 5
- Children's Bureau Express
- Current Theme or Topic
Current Theme or Topic
We feature a series of guest articles addressing the topic of secondary traumatic stress at three different levels of child welfare, as well as other resources focusing on secondary trauma and the well-being of child welfare professionals.
- Addressing Secondary Traumatic Stress at the Worker, Peer Levels
- The Essential Role of Supervisors in Addressing Secondary Traumatic Stress
By Erika Tullberg, Assistant Research Professor, New York University (NYU) School of Medicine This article is part of a series of guest articles on the topic of secondary traumatic stress...
- Is Your Organization Secondary Traumatic Stress Informed?
By Ginny Sprang, Ph.D., Professor of Psychiatry, University of Kentucky (UK), Executive Director, UK Center on Trauma and Children This article is part of a series of guest articles on the...
- Organizational Culture and Secondary Traumatic Stress
Caseworkers who serve traumatic stress survivors are at particular risk for secondary traumatic stress and burnout, but organizational culture can play a key role in helping to reduce or elevate...
- Self-Care for Social Workers
Social work is a field in which professionals work tirelessly for the benefit of others. Those who dedicate themselves to this profession can know that they are truly making a difference in the...