- December 2016
- Vol. 17, No. 9
- Children's Bureau Express
- Current Theme or Topic
Current Theme or Topic
This month's CBX offers information, tools, and strategies for professionals to help prevent pregnancy among youth involved with child welfare and to better work with youth who are pregnant and/or parenting.
- Preventing Teen Pregnancy Among Youth in Care
Noting that teens in foster care face pregnancy rates twice as high as their peers, a new guide developed by the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy presents 10 ways that...
- Learning Collective for Expectant, Parenting Youth in Foster Care
In March 2015, after several years of working with the Annie E. Casey Foundation to shed light on the varied and unmet needs of expectant and parenting youth in foster care and their young...
- New Interactive, Online Community for Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Grantees
The Family Youth Services Bureau (FYSB) Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention (APP) Program launched an interactive platform—the Exchange—for grantees, partners, and stakeholders to learn,...
- Interim Impacts of the POWER Through Choices Program
An August 2015 report from the Office of Adolescent Health (OAH within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services evaluates the interim findings regarding the POWER Through Choices (PTC)...