- November 2017
- Vol. 18, No. 8
- Children's Bureau Express
- Spotlight on Engaging Fathers
Spotlight on Engaging Fathers
November's CBX highlights the National Adoption Month 2017 initiative, as well as other resources for professionals working to help children and youth find forever homes.
- November Is National Adoption Month
According to Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System data, in 2015 there were over 12,000 youth between the ages of 15 and 18 in foster care waiting to find permanent homes. Too...
- Construct of "Ideal" Adoptive Families in Online Foster Adoption Photolistings
About one-quarter of the more than 400,000 children in foster care in the United States are waiting to be adopted into permanent families. However, according to a recent Adoption Quarterly...
- Subsidies for Private Agencies Increase Adoption Rates For Older, Special Needs Children
According to a recent study, subsidies should be created to accelerate the adoption of older and special needs children from foster care and enable private contracting of this work for best...