- November 2000
- Vol. 1, No. 7
Child Welfare Research
- Home Visitation Measured as a Way to Prevent Child Abuse
An article published in the September issue of the "Journal of the American Medical Association" looks at the relationship between home visitations and the incidence of child maltreatment in those...
- Researchers Study Infants Who Reenter Child Welfare System
For many children placed in out-of-home care, family reunification is only temporary. This instability can be particularly damaging to infants due to their rapid developmental growth.
- Internet Newsgroups Bring Prevention Professionals Together
Professionals working in the area of child abuse prevention can stay connected through numerous newsgroups on the Internet.
Created to facilitate the exchange of information, newsgroups...
- National Adoption Day Planned for November 18
The Alliance for Children's Rights, based in Los Angeles, will coordinate a one-day record of over 1,000 adoptions nationwide on November 18 during its first National Adoption Day. Law firms,...
- Congressional Briefing Probes Policy Implications of Child Welfare, Child Protection Research
Three prominent researchers offered an overview of the current state of child abuse and neglect, child protective services, and child welfare systems before the U.S. House Subcommittee on Human...
- Gain Insights into the Experience of Adoptees from Vietnam
For insights into the experience of young adults who were adopted from Vietnam, visit the website of the Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute...
- USDA Service Offers Rich Resource for Child Welfare Professionals
For a wide array of resources on many aspects of child and family well-being, including issues related to child abuse and neglect, visit CYFERNet (http://www.cyfernet.org), a service of the...