- March 2010
- Vol. 11, No. 2
- Video on Working Together to Prevent Child Abuse
"Circles of Caring," a video from Prevent Child Abuse West Virginia, demonstrates that everyone can play a role in preventing child abuse. The Circles of Caring concept is based on...
- Federal Tax Help for Caregivers
Congress has enacted several important changes in tax laws for the 2009 tax year, including an increase for claiming an adoption tax credit—up to $12,150. This and more information is...
- Foster Care Alumni Resources
Foster Care Alumni of America offers a variety of resources to support youth in foster care or those formerly in care. Two new resources were recently announced:
* FLUX: Life After Foster...
- College Scholarships for Former Foster Youth
The Orphan Foundation of America (OFA) is now accepting applications for scholarships for the 2010-2011 academic year. Scholarships are available to eligible former foster youth who are pursuing...
- HIPAA Closes the Insurance Gap for Adoptive Families
As a result of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), health insurance coverage is now available to cover adopted children for all families enrolled in group...