- November/December 2001
- Vol. 2, No. 6
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy for Adult Survivors of Childhood Abuse: Approaches to Treatment and Case Management
Pollock, P. H. John Wiley and Sons Inc., New York, NY. 2001. 332 pp. $64.95. Paperback.
Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT) is a collaborative, client-centered approach to psychotherapy. In applying...
- Trauma and Cognitive Science: A Meeting of Minds, Science, and Human Experience
Freyd, J. J., DePrince, A. P. (Editors) Haworth Press, Inc., Binghamton, NY. 2001. 356 pp. $29.95. Paperback.
A collection of articles presented by participants in a conference of the same name,...
- Treating Youth Who Sexually Abuse: An Integrated Multi-Component Approach
Lundrigan, P. S. Haworth Press, Inc., Binghamtom, NY. 2001. 328 pp. $24.95. Paperback.
Treatment of juvenile sex abusers has seen dramatic growth in the past 25 years, expanding from fewer than...
- Abuse and Neglect: The Educator's Guide to the Identification and Prevention of Child Maltreatment
Lowenthal, B. Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co., Baltimore, MD. 2001. 189 pp. $22.95. Paperback.
Child maltreatment can be a major hindrance to education, depriving children of their self-esteem and...
- The Cost of Child Maltreatment: Who Pays? We All Do
Franey, K., Geffner, R., and Falconer, R. (Editors). Family Violence and Sexual Assault Institute, San Diego, CA. 2001. 253 pp. $28.00. Paperback.
This book is a collection of articles that...
- Female Sex Offenders: What Therapists, Law Enforcement and Child Protective Services Need to Know
Hislop, J. Idyll Arbor, Inc., Ravensdale, WA. 2001. 254 pp. $35.00. Paperback.
Though not well documented, there is growing evidence that female sex offenders are more prevalent than was...
- Beating the Devil Out of Them: Corporal Punishment in American Families and Its Effects on Children
Straus, M. A. Transaction Publishers, Somerset, NJ. 2001. 353 pp. $24.95. Paperback.
Corporal punishment and its effects on children continues to be a hotly debated topic. The author contends...
- New Brochure Solicits Community Support in Court Improvement
In an effort to engage communities in helping to improve dependency courts, the American Bar Association's (ABA's) Center on Children and the Law has developed a brochure for use in public...
- Journal Devotes Issue to Marriage as a Child-Centered Institution
In addressing social issues such as child abuse and neglect, Federal policy makers are taking a look at the link between marriage and child well-being. Reflecting this emerging area of interest,...
- CWLA Addresses Intersection Between Substance Abuse and Child Abuse
Parental substance abuse is a major factor contributing to child abuse and neglect. This connection is the subject of a new booklet by the Child Welfare League of America (CWLA).
- Online Support for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
Recently released U.S. Census 2000 figures show that 2.4 million grandparents are singlehandedly raising their grandchildren. Many grandparents rearing grandchildren face challenges related to...
- Resource Book Educates Teens about Animal Cruelty, Connection to Child Abuse
High school students and teachers have a new humane education resource available to them for school projects, reports, and debates. "Understanding Animal Cruelty" is a 24-page booklet produced by...
- New Report Examines the Link Between Childhood Maltreatment and Juvenile Delinquency
Statistics show that a large number of incarcerated youth were victims of child abuse and neglect. The July 2001 edition of the "Juvenile Justice Bulletin," explores the relationship between...