- Working With Native American Children and Families
Several new resources focus on the specific needs of Native American children and families involved with child welfare:
* "Tribal-State Relations" is an issue brief from Child Welfare...
- Refugee Youth Transitioning From Foster Care
The April/May "Spotlight" from Bridging Refugee Youth and Children's Services (BRYCS) includes articles and resources focused on refugee youth transitioning to adulthood, many of whom have no...
- Parental Substance Abuse, Child Protection, and ASFA
A new study from the American Bar Association Center on Children and the Law explores how dependency courts are making permanency decisions under the Adoption and Safe Families Act (ASFA) for...
- Web Resources for Systems of Care
Many children in the child welfare system, and those at risk of abuse and neglect, have a variety of physical, mental, social, emotional, educational, and developmental needs. "Systems of...
- University Practice Notes Address Trial Home Visits
A collaboration between public child welfare practitioners and the Center for Advanced Studies in Child Welfare at the University of Minnesota has produced an ongoing series of articles on...
- Bulletin for Youth Development Workers
The "Next Generation Youth Work Coalition Bulletin" is a new online newsletter for youth work professionals that includes interviews with youth workers, promising practices for recruiting and...