- November 2000
- Vol. 1, No. 7
Training and Conferences
- The Sexualized Child in Foster Care: A Guide for Foster Parents and Other Professionals
Hoyle, S. G. Child Welfare League of America. 2000. 117 pages. $14.95.
Foster parents and mental health professionals often struggle to care for and treat children who have been sexually abused....
- Representing Parents in Child Welfare Cases: A Basic Introduction for Attorneys
Rauber, D. B; Granik, L. A. American Bar Association Center on Children and the Law. 2000. 80 pages. $8.95 paperback.
When a child is removed from the home for protection from abuse and neglect,...
- Treating Sexually Abused Boys: A Practical Guide for Therapists and Counselors
Camino, L. Jossey-Bass Publishers. 2000. 280 pages. $34.95.
Lisa Camino has spent the past fifteen years developing treatment programs for sexually abused boys. Here she offers clinical...
- Empowering Grandparents Raising Grandchildren: A Training Manual for Group Leaders
Cox, C. B. Springer Publishing Company, Inc. 2000. 142 pages. $30.95.
Grandparents who have accepted the task of raising their grandchildren often need assistance navigating the child welfare...
- Risking Connection: A Training Curriculum for Working With Survivors of Childhood Abuse
Saakvitne, K. W.;Pearlman, L. A.;Gamble, S.;Lev, B. T. Sidran Press. 2000. 312 pages. $75.00.
Professionals who work with survivors of severe childhood trauma and abuse have realized the need...