We present five site visit reports from three Children's Bureau discretionary grant clusters: (1) Child Welfare – Early Education Partnerships to Expand Protective Factors for Children With Child Welfare Involvement, (2) Child Welfare – Education System Collaborations to Increase Educational Stability, and (3) Diligent Recruitment of Families for Children in the Foster Care System.
- Site Visit: Colorado's PIECES
- Site Visit: State of Connecticut Early Childhood – Child Welfare Collaboration Project
- Site Visit: Improving Educational Well-Being Outcomes for Children
- Site Visit: Waterbury (CT) Educational Stability Initiative
- Site Visit: Ohio's Partners for Forever Families
CBX points to research showing that nearly all States with title IV-E demonstrations have started or expanded the use of evidence-based practices, but there is a lack of cost-benefit analyses of those interventions. We also highlight a national survey of States' child welfare expenditures, a summary of the Programs That Work section of the Promising Practice Network website, and more.
- Report Examines 2012 State Child Welfare Expenditures
- Promising Practices Network's Programs That Work
- Federal and State Laws That Support Grandfamilies
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other instruments that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
- Webinar on Parental Substance Use Family Assessments
- Mentoring for Pregnant and Parenting Youth
- Connecting Preventing Teen Dating Violence, Teen Pregnancy
This CBX section provides a quick list of interesting resources, such as websites, videos, journals, funding or scholarship opportunities, or other materials that can be used in the field or with families.
- Factsheet for Caregivers on Complex Trauma
- Community Preparedness Assessment Toolkit
- Championship Fathering Profile