We highlight four grantee site visits this month whose activities focus on using family group decision-making with target populations, improving early education services for children in foster care, and using family group conferencing to improve child welfare outcomes.
- Site Visit: Nurturing the Resiliency in Wayne County Families
- Site Visit: North Florida Child Welfare—Early Education Partnership
CBX points to an article on a study examining the proportion of Latino children with noncitizen parents who are involved with child welfare, a study on the link between childhood adversity and food insecurity, and more.
- Linking Childhood Adversity and Food Insecurity
- Citizenship Status of Child Welfare-Involved Latino Families
- Federal Funding of Child Welfare Programs
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other instruments that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
- Trauma and Well-Being Assessment Tool
- Factsheet on Children With Incarcerated Parents
- Exemplary Community-Based Child Abuse Prevention Programs
This CBX section provides a quick list of interesting resources, such as websites, videos, journals, funding or scholarship opportunities, or other materials that can be used in the field or with families.
- Using Social Media to Promote Youth Programs
- CPS and the Rights of Domestic Violence Victims
- Website on Preventing Teen Pregnancy