We highlight a special section in the journal Prevention Science about research on community-based child maltreatment prevention programs and an article that focuses on the importance of parent education in preventing child sexual abuse.
- Looking at the Research on Community-Based Child Maltreatment Prevention Programs
- Preventing Child Sexual Abuse Involves Teaching Parents to Take a More Active Role
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other resources that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
- Preventing and Mitigating the Effects of Adverse Childhood Experiences
- What Works to Prevent Sexual Violence Against Children
- Start With What’s Going Right: Supporting Families With Protective Factors
This section of CBX provides a quick list of interesting resources, such as websites, videos, journals, funding or scholarship opportunities, or other materials that can be used in the field or with families.
- Evidence-Based Strategies in Violence Prevention Efforts
- Reducing the Risks of Maltreatment for Children With Disabilities
- Prevent Child Abuse America Provides Coronavirus Resources for Families and Professionals