This month, CBX spotlights National Child Abuse Prevention Month and its "Strengthening Families and Communities" message. We include a number of articles on ways that the Children's Bureau supports prevention efforts around the country, as well as articles on framing the prevention message and programs in parenting education and strengthening families.
- Parenting Programs Improve Child Outcomes
- Promoting Optimal Development and Preventing Child Maltreatment: The QIC on Early Childhood
- April Is National Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Supporting Evidence-Based Home Visiting (EBHV) Grantees: Lessons Learned From Planning Year 1
- Family Strengthening Programs Around the Country
- Tribal and Migrant Prevention Programs
- Framing Effective Child Abuse Prevention Messages
Spotlight on National Adoption Month
Spotlight on Youth Homelessness
News From the Children's Bureau
The April issue of CBX links you to several newly released items from the Children's Bureau, including the latest national statistics on child maltreatment, a site visit to a NCWLI grantee, the latest from the Training & Technical Assistance Network, and more.
- New! On the Children's Bureau Site
- HHS Releases 2008 Statistics on Child Abuse and Neglect
- Children's Bureau Discretionary Funding Available
- Federal Prevention Webinars
- Child Welfare Outcomes 2003-2006
- Updated T&TA Network Webpages and Online Directory Now Available!
- Updates From the T&TA Network
- Site Visit: Supporting Leaders to Improve Collaboration in Connecticut
Research from the child welfare field includes the latest look at engaging communities to address racial disproportionality in child welfare, helping youth make permanent connections, and strengthening homeless families with young children.
CBX provides tools and examples of programs that improve educational outcomes for children in foster care, help agencies hire child welfare workers who will stay, and serve children of incarcerated parents.
Find trainings, workshops, webinars, and other opportunities for professionals and families to learn about how to improve the lives of children and youth as well as a listing of upcoming events and conferences.