This month, CBX focuses on child welfare leadership and its impact on the workforce. Read about two CB-funded Institutes that are effecting change this area, and find out more about leadership preparation and training.
- Workforce Institute Launches With Ambitious Program
- The National Child Welfare Leadership Institute Trains Future Leaders
- Workforce Grants for M.S.W. and B.S.W. Programs
- Preparing for Successful Transitions in Leadership
- Emerging Leaders Contributing to the Adoption Field
- Leadership Impacts Job Satisfaction Among Social Workers
Spotlight on National Adoption Month
Spotlight on Youth Homelessness
News From the Children's Bureau
The President signs child welfare legislation, and CBX links you to a Tribal site visit, T&TA resources, evaluation information on ILPs, and more.
- From the Associate Commissioner's Office
- Evaluation of Two Independent Living Programs
- Adoption Campaign Reinforces "You Don't Have to Be Perfect"
- Community-Based Services for Tribal Families
- How the Children's Bureau Supports Interjurisdictional Placement
- The Source Focuses on the Impact of HIV and Substance Abuse
- New! On the Children's Bureau Site
- President Bush Signs New Child Welfare Legislation
- Linking Prevention Programs and Child Welfare Services
- The T&TA Network Offers New Resources on Workforce, Change, Outcomes, and NYTD
- New Information Gateway Website Resources
CBX links you to research on kinship foster care outcomes, child victims of sexual assault, and a long-term project on interventions that address both domestic violence and child maltreatment.
Find information about a new online community for those who work with Tribes and learn about links and resources on assessments, case management, and improving outcomes for children and families.
- Effective Foster Parent Training for Kinship Caregivers
- Review of Tools Assessing Independent Living Programs
- Safe Start Centers Reduce the Impact of Exposure to Violence
- Assessing Early Developmental Delays in Young Children in Foster Care
- Structured Decision-Making in Case Management
- American Indian Child Welfare Community of Practice
Find trainings, workshops, webinars, and other opportunities for professionals and families to learn about how to improve the lives of children and youth as well as a listing of upcoming events and conferences.