This month's issue features National Reunification Month. Safe and timely reunification is the most desired outcome when children are placed in out-of-home care, and supportive partnerships between parents, caregivers, agencies, and other stakeholders are an integral part of strengthening the capacity of families and bringing children home. Read a message from Jerry Milner, Associate Commissioner of the Children's Bureau, about how the child welfare system should proactively seek to strengthen, support, and celebrate families and promote safe reunification. We also feature a message from David Kelly, special assistant to the Associate Commissioner, that emphasizes the importance of recognizing the need for family, especially during trying times such as these. Also included in the issue are research, publications, and tools centering on reunification for professionals and families.
- A Reunification Month Message From Jerry Milner
- This Reunification Month, Let's Commit to Parents' Priorities for Child Welfare Reform
- New Study Shows Providing Parents With Multidisciplinary Legal Representation in Child Welfare Cases
- Celebrating Reunification Starts With Understanding What Keeps Families Together
- Family Is Essential
- Reflections on 10 Years of National Reunification Month
Spotlight on National Adoption Month
Spotlight on Youth Homelessness
News From the Children's Bureau
We highlight a webpage about the Children's Bureau's response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including guidance on how to continue to support families during a time of social distancing and the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We also feature a suite of reunification materials that focus on partnerships between parents, caregivers, and caseworkers; a podcast series highlighting two community-based programs in New York and California; a brief list of what's new on the Children's Bureau website; and more.
- The Essential Voices and Experiences of Youth Formerly in Foster Care
- CB Website Updates
- Save the Date for the National Reunification Month Webinar
- June Is National Reunification Month
- Court Improvement Program Talks Highlight Partnerships to Prevent Removals and Expedite Reunificatio
- Message on COVID-19 From the Children's Bureau
- Foster Care: A Path to Reunification Podcast Series
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other resources that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
This section of CBX provides a quick list of interesting resources, such as websites, videos, journals, funding or scholarship opportunities, or other materials that can be used in the field or with families.