This month, CBX spotlights implementation and includes write-ups of the five regional Child Welfare Implementation Centers funded by the Children's Bureau in October 2008. CBX also includes an article on how West Virginia worked with its regional IC and other partners, as well as links to background information and resources on implementation.
- The Mountains and Plains Child Welfare Implementation Center
- The Atlantic Coast Child Welfare Implementation Center
- The National Implementation Research Network
- Defining Implementation
- The Northeast and Caribbean Child Welfare Implementation Center
- West Virginia Implements Integrated Safety System
- The Western and Pacific Child Welfare Implementation Center
- The Midwest Child Welfare Implementation Center
Spotlight on National Adoption Month
Spotlight on Youth Homelessness
News From the Children's Bureau
Find links to the latest Federal child welfare news, including new foster care and adoption statistics, the latest from the T&TA Network, reports from other U.S. Department of Health and Human Services agencies, and more.
- New! On the Children's Bureau Site
- Collection of NYTD Data Begins
- New User Manuals Highlight Community Partnership and First Responders
- CDC Offers Resources on Shaken Baby Syndrome
- $39 Million Awarded in Adoption Incentives
- Updates From the T&TA Network
- NSCAW Findings on the Status of Children
- AFCARS Shows Reductions in Foster Care Population
- OPRE Updates Program Managers' Guide to Evaluation
Child welfare news brings you reports and statistics on such issues as child well-being, child fatalities, youth transitions, and mentoring parents.
CBX links you to information on effective ways to communicate with the public about child welfare issues, engaging fathers, and implementing a practice model for youth in child welfare and juvenile justice.
Find trainings, workshops, webinars, and other opportunities for professionals and families to learn about how to improve the lives of children and youth as well as a listing of upcoming events and conferences.