The 2016 Affordable Care Act (ACA) open enrollment period is currently underway, and the final deadline to sign up for 2016 coverage is January 31, 2016. Providing children and youth in foster care with appropriate health care is vital to ensuring their overall well-being and positive outcomes. This month, CBX highlights resources and tools on the ACA and health-care services for children and youth in foster care.
- Reconnecting Young Adults With Medicaid Coverage
- Boosting Foster Care Alumni Health-Care Enrollment
- Tips and Tools: Increasing Coverage for Children, Youth, and Families
- Information Gateway Brief: Health-Care Coverage for Youth in Care
- Barriers to Accessing Preventive Services in the ACA
- Comparing Federal Laws Providing Medicaid Coverage
Spotlight on National Adoption Month
Spotlight on Youth Homelessness
News From the Children's Bureau
In this month's "Commissioner's Page," two young adults formerly in foster care share their experiences in receiving health-care services during and after care.
This month, CBX features a two-volume special issue of the Child Welfare journal dedicated to families in child welfare affected by substance use, a report on the importance of using baseline equivalence in measuring a program's effectiveness, and more.
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other instruments that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
This CBX section provides a quick list of interesting resources, such as websites, videos, journals, funding or scholarship opportunities, or other materials that can be used in the field or with families.