We highlight the 2016 National Foster Care Month initiative, one youth's foster care story, a brief on promoting normalcy for youth in care, a study examining public resources and policies addressing homelessness among youth aging out of care, and more.
- Preventing Homelessness Among Youth Aging Out of Care
- Reflections on a Life in Foster Care
- Reducing Rates of Psychotropic Medication Prescription
- Cortez's Story: One Youth's Foster Care Experience
- Promoting Normalcy for Youth in Care
- Supporting Permanency Through Placement With Relatives
- May Is National Foster Care Month
Spotlight on National Adoption Month
Spotlight on Youth Homelessness
News From the Children's Bureau
Read a report on the Family and Youth Services Bureau's Street Outreach Program and a synthesis of findings from the Children's Bureau's Child Welfare - Education System Collaborations to Increase Educational Stability grants.
Find a brief examining the child welfare field's use of congregate care, a study on the challenges faced by children whose parents have been incarcerated, and more.
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other instruments that provide evidence-based strategies and other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
Find trainings, workshops, webinars, and other opportunities for professionals and families to learn about how to improve the lives of children and youth as well as a listing of upcoming events and conferences.