In this month's issue of CBX, read a message from Jerry Milner, Associate Commissioner of the Children's Bureau, that highlights the opportunity for the child welfare system and its partners to invest in helping to make families more self-sufficient and increasing protective factors that can prevent entry into the foster care system. The issue also features articles focusing on how community partnerships can help prevent child maltreatment before it starts, provide support and services, and help children and families recover.
- Special Journal Issue Highlights the Public Health Model of Child Maltreatment Prevention
- 2020: Building Communities of Hope
- Funding Opportunity Announcement: Community Collaborations to Strengthen and Preserve Families
- The Need for a Primary Prevention-Focused Child Welfare System
- Child Welfare Practice Within the Context of Public-Private Partnerships
- Engaging Communities
- Improving Child Welfare Outcomes: Balancing Investments in Prevention and Treatment
Spotlight on National Adoption Month
Spotlight on Youth Homelessness
News From the Children's Bureau
Read about how data sharing and collaboration between the child welfare system and courts ensure families receive timely and appropriate services, a new smartphone application aimed at helping fathers increase engagement with their children, and the latest updates from the Children's Bureau website.
We highlight how electronic health-care records can help identify quality preventive health measures for children in foster care and an article stressing the importance of taking a broad-scale approach to understanding the needs of children in foster care.
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other resources that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
This section of CBX provides a quick list of interesting resources, such as websites, videos, journals, funding or scholarship opportunities, or other materials that can be used in the field or with families.