This month's issue of CBX focuses on round 3 of the Child and Family Services Reviews (CFSRs) and how states are measuring up to federal child welfare requirements pertaining to safety, permanency, and child and family well-being. Read a message from Jerry Milner, Associate Commissioner of the Children's Bureau, that emphasizes the importance of the CFSRs to improving the child welfare system and driving the changes needed to ensure children and families are served as they deserve to be served. The issue also includes a variety of resources and publications centered on the CFSRs and their outcomes.
- Making Progress in Child Welfare
- Louisiana: A Program Improvement Plan Made Successful Through Agency and Court Collaboration
- Looking Forward to Round 4 of the Child and Family Services Reviews
- The Child Welfare System Consists of More Than the Child Welfare Agency
- Using Child Welfare Data to Improve Federal Permanency Targets, Other Outcome Measures
- A Necessary Reconnection
Spotlight on National Adoption Month
Spotlight on Youth Homelessness
News From the Children's Bureau
Read a report about CFSR findings specific to older youth in foster care, an aggregate report about how states fared during the first 2 years of round 3 of the CFSRs, a recent Program Instruction for how states can claim payments for services and costs associated with the title IV-E prevention program, and the latest additions to the CB website.
We highlight an article about an initiative in Massachusetts aimed at improving well-being, permanency, and maltreatment outcomes for children who have experienced trauma; a report about the importance of engaging both parents in casework; an article about using data to inform systems change; and more.
- Administrative Data Informs Child Welfare Programming With Dynamic Visualization Methodologies
- Study Underscores Need to Engage Both Parents in Child Welfare Work for Better Outcomes
- The Massachusetts Child Trauma Project Shows Promise in Improving Well-Being Outcomes
- Achieving Permanency for Children in Care
- Placement With Family Impacts Safety, Permanency, and Well-Being
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other resources that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
- What States' First-Round PIPs Reveal About How Child Welfare Agencies Are Addressing Domestic Violen
- Handout Features Child and Family Services Review Outcomes, Systemic Factors, and Associated Items a
- Laying a Foundation: Child Welfare Agencies and Courts Working Together
- Considerations and Strategies for Engaging Tribes and Tribal Families
This section of CBX provides a quick list of interesting resources, such as websites, videos, journals, funding or scholarship opportunities, or other materials that can be used in the field or with families.
Find trainings, workshops, webinars, and other opportunities for professionals and families to learn about how to improve the lives of children and youth as well as a listing of upcoming events and conferences.