This month, CBX looks at the barriers to academic success faced by children and youth in foster care and some promising practices for enhancing their educational stability. Research shows that many children and youth in foster care are less likely to graduate from high school and attend college than their peers.
Spotlight on National Adoption Month
Spotlight on Youth Homelessness
News From the Children's Bureau
This month we highlight a new commission charged with developing a national strategy for reducing fatalities resulting from child abuse and neglect. We also feature an upcoming funding opportunity to improve outcomes for disconnected youth.
- Associate Commissioner's Page
- CB Website Updates
- Performance Partnership Pilots
- Tribal Evaluation Workgroup
- Framework for Effective Practice
- Regional Partnership Grants Cross-Site Evaluation
- Commission to Eliminate Child Abuse and Neglect Fatalities
- New Spotlight Report on Well-Being
- Building Capacity to Improve Program Evaluation in Child Welfare
This month, CBX points to a study examining the potential role of safe, stable, and nurturing relationships in preventing the intergenerational continuity of child maltreatment.
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other instruments that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
This CBX section provides a quick list of interesting resources, such as websites, videos, journals, funding or scholarship opportunities, or other materials that can be used in the field or with families.