This month, CBX spotlights in-home services, which refer to all the services provided in the home and elsewhere that support families with children living at home. In-home services include early prevention services as well as postreunification services. Read about the new National Resource Center and about promising practices in in-home services.
- Strengthening Families Initiative in Texas
- Family Preservation Services in New Jersey
- Nurse-Family Partnership Program in Spokane
- Families' Views on Intensive In-Home Services
- The National Resource Center for In-Home Services
- Safety Management in In-Home Services
- Intensive In-Home Family Treatment
- Evidence-Based Home Visitation in Rochester
Spotlight on National Adoption Month
Spotlight on Youth Homelessness
News From the Children's Bureau
Find links to the latest Children's Bureau and other Federal child welfare news, including the new adoption ad campaign, reports on Family Connections grantees, the latest from the T&TA Network, and more.
Child welfare news includes two research reports on children in foster care: one on the use of psychotropic drugs and another on identifying social-emotional problems. Other articles look at a new practice model and updated outcomes for children of unmarried parents.
CBX links you to useful tools for supporting LGBTQ youth and working with the courts to reduce overrepresentation of minority youth, and, for Tribes, some implications of Fostering Connections.