This month, CBX focuses on National Child Abuse Prevention Month. In 2010, the Quality Improvement Center on Early Childhood funded four projects to implement new approaches to preventing child abuse and neglect, promoting optimal child development, and strengthening families. We highlight two of those projects, the Family Networks Project and Fostering Hope.
- Palm Beach County Prevention Evaluation
- Fostering Hope in Oregon
- Working Strategies Focuses on Preventing Maltreatment
- The Family Networks Project
- April Is National Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Somali Cultural Guide
- Preventing Maltreatment in High-Risk Families
- Economic Burden of Child Maltreatment
- The Front Porch Project
Spotlight on National Adoption Month
Spotlight on Youth Homelessness
This special section is dedicated to CB's 100th anniversary. The ninth and final article in our first Centennial Series looks at the creation of the Children's Bureau. A new series focusing on highlights from each of CB's 10 decades will premiere in May.
This month, CBX highlights a magazine issue dedicated to engaging fathers, links to research on the relationship between placement changes and mental health services use, and more.