January 2002Vol. 3, No. 1Toolbox No. 1: Using Visitation to Support Permanency. Toolboxes for Permanency
Wright, L. Child Welfare League of America, Washington, DC. 202 pp. $18.95. Paperback.
The Child Welfare League of America presents the best current professional child welfare practices in planning and implementing visitation between children in out-of-home care and their parents, within the context of current Federal legislation emphasizing permanency planning. This toolbox contains helpful aides, or "tools," that practitioners can use quickly and easily, along with the necessary information to use the tools meaningfully. Chapters cover:
- Visitation and case planning
- Federal and State laws, and child welfare standards
- Special issues in visitation
- Strategies for improving visitation
- Promising programs and practices
- The impact of separation on children and youth
- The visitation experience from each party's perspective.
With this vision of best practice, child welfare professionals can continue to improve practice standards, thus improving children's chances for safety, permanency, and well being.
To purchase a copy, contact:
CWLA c/o PMDS
PO Box 2019
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701-2019