June 2010Vol. 11, No. 5New! On the Children's Bureau Site
The Children's Bureau website carries information on child welfare programs, funding, monitoring, training and technical assistance, laws, statistics, research, Federal reporting, and much more. The "New on Site" section includes grant announcements, policy announcements, agency information, and recently released publications.
Recent additions to the site include six new Program Instructions (PIs):
- PI-10-04, which provides guidance on National Youth in Transition Database (NYTD) reporting in a Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information Systems (SACWIS) environment: www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/laws_policies/policy/pi/2010/pi1004.htm
- PI-10-05, which provides guidelines for conducting pilots in a SACWIS environment: www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/laws_policies/policy/pi/2010/pi1005.htm
- PI-10-06, which (1) sets forth the requirements for recipients of Community-Based Grants for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect awards for FY 2010 and (2) provides guidance and instructions for the preparation and submission of the application: www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/laws_policies/policy/pi/2010/pi1006.htm
- PI-10-07, which provides State title IV-E agencies with revised interim instructions on how to report on existing financial reporting form ACF-IV-E-1 estimates and expenditures associated with the Guardianship Assistance Program (GAP), posttermination assisted guardianship waiver demonstration project assistance and services, and short-term training for additional trainees eligible for Federal financial participation at transitional reimbursement rates: www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/laws_policies/policy/pi/2010/pi1007.htm
- PI-10-08, which provides guidance to Tribes on required actions for the June 30, 2010, submission of the Annual Progress and Services Report (APSR) for the Stephanie Tubbs Jones Child Welfare Services and Promoting Safe and Stable Families (PSSF) Programs and the Chafee Foster Care Independence Program and more: www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/laws_policies/policy/pi/2010/pi1008.htm
- PI-10-09, which provides guidance to States on required actions for the June 30, 2010, submission of the APSR for the Stephanie Tubbs Jones Child Welfare Services and PSSF Programs and the Chafee Foster Care Independence Program and more: www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/laws_policies/policy/pi/2010/pi1009.htm
Visit the Children's Bureau website often to see what's new!