December/January 2023Vol. 23, No. 10Updates From the Children's Bureau's Training and Technical Assistance Partners
The Children's Bureau funds several technical assistance centers to provide professionals with tools to better serve children, youth, and families.
The following are some of the latest resources from these partners:
Child Welfare Information Gateway
- El cuidado por parientes y el sistema de bienestar de menores (Kinship Care and the Child Welfare System)
- La adopción de hijastros (Stepparent Adoption)
- Developing & Sustaining Prevention Programs [Webpage update]
Visit the Information Gateway website for more.
Child Welfare Capacity Building Collaborative
- Center for States
- A Look Inside Sharing Power in Child Welfare [Podcast series]
- Center for Tribes Tribal Information Exchange
Visit the Child Welfare Capacity Building Collaborative website for more.
FRIENDS National Resource Center
- "The Trestle Fund Project: Concrete Supports for NH Families" [Webinar]
- Parents & Practitioners [Fall newsletter]
Visit the FRIENDS National Resource Center website for more.
Children's Bureau Learning & Coordination Center (CBLCC)
- "Children's Bureau Champion Awards: Honoring Outstanding Work in Support of Children and Families" [Video]
- "Why Parent Well-Being Matters: Children's Social Emotional Development and Mental Health" [Video]
- "Engaging Parents Around Newly Approved Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccines and Building Vaccine Confidence" [Digital dialog]
Visit the CBLCC website for more.
- "What I Want Foster and Adoptive Parents to Know" [Blog post]
- Post-Adoption and Guardianship Support Across the Country
- "Participación estralégica de los jóvenes en asuntos de permanencia" [Webinar]
Visit the AdoptUSKids website for more.
National Data Archive on Child Abuse and Neglect (NDACAN)
- Understanding Post Adoption and Guardianship Instability for Children and Youth Who Exit Foster Care (PAGI): The NSCAW Adoption Study[Dataset]
Visit the NDACAN website for more.
National Child Welfare Workforce Institute (NCWWI)
- Rethinking Child Welfare Recruitment
- "Centering: Child Welfare Worker Well-Being" [Infographic]
- "How Peer Support Can Reduce Burnout and Improve Worker Well-Being" [Infographic]
Visit the NCWWI website for more.
Quality Improvement Center on Engaging Youth in Finding Permanency (QIC-EY)
- Barriers to Authentic Youth Engagement in Permanency Planning
- Expert Interviews: People With Lived Expertise
- Qualitative Analysis of Workforce Expert Interviews
Visit the QIC-EY website for more.
National Center on Substance Abuse and Child Welfare (NCSACW)
- Engaging Parents and Youths With Lived Experience: Strengthening Collaborative Policy and Practice Initiatives for Families With Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders
- Comprehensive Framework to Improve Outcomes for Families Affected by Substance Use Disorders and Child Welfare Involvement
- Understanding Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders: Child Welfare Practice Tips
Visit the NCSACW website for more.
James Bell Associates
- Judicial, Court, and Attorney Measures of Performance (JCAMP)
- Understanding Judicial Decision-Making and Hearing Quality in Child Welfare[Project webpage]
- Measuring Implementation Quality in MIECHV-Funded Evidence-Based Home Visiting Programs [Project webpage]
Visit the James Bell Associates website for more.