February 2023Vol. 24, No. 1QIC-WD National Webinar Series
The Quality Improvement Center for Workforce Development (QIC-WD), a technical assistance service of the Children's Bureau within the Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, has a webinar series that aims to solicit questions from the field and provide answers to common child welfare workforce issues. Participants will also be connected to relevant resources from QIC-WD and the other Children's Bureau partners.
The first webinar, "Supporting New Workers: Evidence-Informed Strategies for Those in Supervisory Roles," provided a general framework for best practices in onboarding, examples from QIC-WD's work with various jurisdictions to support supervisors who work with new workers, and evidence-informed strategies to help new workers feel like they are part of something bigger. This recording of this webinar can be accessed here.
The following are upcoming webinars:
- "Supporting Virtual Supervision as Part of a Hybrid Workforce"
- Wednesday, February 8, 2023, 2 P.M. ET
- "Measuring Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Your Child Welfare Workforce"
- Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 2 P.M. ET
- "Attracting and Hiring Workers: Evidence-Informed Strategies"
- Tuesday, June 6, 2023, 1 P.M. ET
Follow the link to each webinar to register.