July/August 2023Vol. 24, No. 6More CB Training and Technical Assistance Updates
The Children's Bureau funds several technical assistance centers to provide professionals with tools to better serve children, youth, and families. The following are some of the latest resources from these partners.
Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Cross-System Collaboration to Support Youth Involved With Child Welfare and Juvenile Justice [Webpage update]
- Protecting the Rights and Providing Appropriate Services to LGBTQIA2S+ Youth in Out-of-Home Care
Visit the Information Gateway website for more.
Child Welfare Capacity Building Collaborative
- Center for Courts
- Center for States
- Center for Tribes Tribal Information Exchange
Visit the Child Welfare Capacity Building Collaborative website for more.
Children's Bureau Learning and Coordination Center (CBLCC)
- “The Science and Practice of Self-Regulation” [Video]
- The Science and Practice of Self-Regulation [Presentation slides]
- Social Media Resources for LGBTQIA2S+ Pride Month
Visit the CBLCC website for more.
FRIENDS National Resource Center
- 2023 CBCAP Around the U.S. [Video]
- Family Resource Discussion Series, “Session 2: Collaboration and Expansion” [Webinar recording]
- Spring 2023 Parents & Practitioners Newsletter
Visit the FRIENDS National Resource Center website for more.
National Center on Substance Abuse and Child Welfare (NCSACW)
- Engaging Parents and Youth with Lived Experience: Strengthening Collaborative Policy and Practice Initiatives for Families With Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders
Visit the NCSACW website for more.
National Child Welfare Workforce Institute (NCWWI)
- Measuring Child Welfare Workers Physiological Stress
- Registration Is Open for the Child Welfare Worker Recognition Event
Visit the NCWWI website for more.
National Data Archive on Child Abuse and Neglect (NDACAN)
- AFCARS Foster Care File, 6-month periods (FY2016A - 2022B) [Dataset]
- Spring 2023 issue of The NDACAN Updata
Visit the NDACAN website for more.
Quality Improvement Center on Engaging Youth in Finding Permanency (QIC-EY)
- QIC-EY Lessons Learned #2: Leaders Set the Tone for Building Relationships That Drive Authentic Engagement of Children and Youth
Visit the QIC-EY website for more.
Quality Improvement Center for Workforce Development (QIC-WD)
- QIC-Tip: Job Posting
- QIC-Tip: Measuring Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Child Welfare Workforce
Visit the QIC-WD website for more.
- “What Does Permanency Mean to Me?” [Blog post]
Visit the AdoptUSKids website for more.
James Bell Associates
- Continuous Quality Improvement Change Packages
- Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation in Home Visiting
Visit the James Bell Associates website for more.