October 2023Vol. 24, No. 8Updates From the Children's Bureau's Training and Technical Assistance Partners
The Children's Bureau funds several technical assistance centers to provide professionals with tools to better serve children, youth, and families. The following are some of the latest resources from these partners.
Child Welfare Information Gateway
- August E-lert!
- September E-lert!
- Expecting and Parenting in Care: Tips for Youth
- Improving Services for Expectant and Parenting Youth in Care
- Information Gateway is now on LinkedIn!
- National Adoption Month 2023 Website Is Here!
- Priorizar la voz de los jóvenes: la importancia de la participación auténtica de los jóvenes en la planificación de casos (Prioritizing Youth Voice: The Importance of Authentic Youth Engagement in Case Planning) [Spanish Bulletin for Professionals]
- Spanish resources are now available in the State Guides and Manuals Search
- Transition to Adulthood & Independent Living Outreach Toolkit
Visit the Information Gateway website for more.
Child Welfare Capacity Building Collaborative
- Center for Courts
- Center for States
- Agency Responsiveness to the Community: Systemic Factor Data Planning Worksheet
- CFSR Measures Crosswalk
- Reflecting on Racial Equity and Prevention-Focused Systems Discussion Guide
- Reflecting on Racial Equity and the Family First Prevention Services Act Discussion Guide
- Spotlight on Collaborating to Strengthen and Enhance Tribal-State Relationships
- Spotlight on Cultivating a Diverse Child Welfare Workforce
- Staff and Provider Training: Systemic Factor Data Planning Worksheet
- Center for Tribes Tribal Information Exchange
- "Incorporating Cultural Values and Traditions into Policy, Procedure, and Practice" [Webinar recording]
- “Part 2: Adaptive Leadership & Reflective Practice” (from the Trauma-Informed Supervision in Tribal Child Welfare series) [Webinar recording]
- “Understanding and Overcoming Bias” [E-learning]
Visit the Child Welfare Capacity Building Collaborative website for more.
Children's Bureau Learning and Coordination Center (CBLCC)
- "Redressing the Wrongs of History" [Digital dialogue]
- “Building Community Capacity to Support Perinatal Mental Health” [Digital dialogue]
- Social Media Resources for Child Welfare Workforce Development
Visit the CBLCC website for more.
FRIENDS National Resource Center
- “Communicating to Strengthen Families: Do’s and Don’ts of Effective Campaign Planning for Preventing Early Adversity” [Webinar recording]
- Special Populations Discussion Series, “Session 1: Father Engagement” [Webinar recording]
Visit the FRIENDS National Resource Center website for more.
National Center on Substance Abuse and Child Welfare (NCSACW)
- NCSACW Resources for Professionals Working With Pregnant and Parenting People Affected by Substance Use Disorders and Involved With Child Welfare
- Preparing for Your Baby: Information for Pregnant and Parenting People With Substance Use Disorders
- Resources for Professionals Working With Pregnant and Parenting People Affected by Substance Use Disorders
- "Screening for Substance Use in Child Welfare Using the UNCOPE" [Webinar recording]
- Working With Child Protective Services to Support Pregnant and Parenting People, Their Infants, and Families Affected by Substance Use Disorders: A Factsheet for Health Care Providers
Visit the NCSACW website for more.
National Child Welfare Workforce Institute (NCWWI)
- August 2023 National eUpdate, “What’s Trending” [Newsletter]
- Child Welfare Workforce Development Month [Webpage]
- Measuring Child Welfare Workers Physiological Stress
- The Center for Regional and Tribal Child Welfare Studies: Systems Change Through a Relational Anishinaabe Worldview
- What Makes a Good Learning Culture?
- Why Coaching Is Worth Your Investment [Infographic]
- 2023 Child Welfare Worker Recognition Event [Video]
- Closing: Thank You Video
- Opening: 2023 Child Welfare Workforce Thank You Messages [Video]
- Work With Purpose (15 second video)
- Work With Purpose (30 second video)
Visit the NCWWI website for more.
National Data Archive on Child Abuse and Neglect (NDACAN)
- Florida Study of Professionals for Safe Families (FSPSF) [Dataset]
- Summer 2023 issue of The NDACAN Updata [Newsletter]
Visit the NDACAN website for more.
Quality Improvement Center on Engaging Youth in Finding Permanency (QIC-EY)
Visit the QIC-EY website for more.
Quality Improvement Center on Tailored Services, Placement Stability, and Permanency for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, and Two-Spirit Children and Youth in Foster Care (QIC-LGBTQ2S) at the National Center for Youth With Diverse Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity & Expression (SOGIE Center)
- "National Recognition for AFFIRM YOUTH" [Blog post]
- August issue of the National SOGIE Center's monthly newsletter
- Tool for Child Welfare Staff: Federal Funding for Gender Affirming Materials for Transgender & Nonbinary Youth in Foster Care
Visit the QIC-LGBTQ2S on the SOGIE Center website for more.
Quality Improvement Center for Workforce Development (QIC-WD)
- Louisiana Department of Children & Family Services Feature QIC-WD Newsletter
- Oklahoma Department of Human Services Feature QIC-WD Newsletter
- QIC-WD Announces Key Findings From Eight Child Welfare Workforce Interventions
- September 2023 - QIC-WD Newsletter
- Umbrella Summary: Job Crafting
- Umbrella Summary: Job Design
- Umbrella Summary: Meaningful Work
- Umbrella Summary: Personality Tests
Visit the QIC-WD website for more.
- “Bridges Across Borders” [Article]
- “Bringing Joy, Humor, and Hope to the Support Group Experience” [Webinar recording]
- "Class Is in Session: A Discussion Guide to Help Families Navigate Schools" [Blog post]
- “Foster and Adoptive Mom of 15 Years: ‘Teens Are Great!’” [Article]
- “Good Grief: Finding Strength in Facing Grief and Loss as an Adoptive Parent” [Blog post]
- “How Can We Reduce Congregate Care Placements? Lessons From South Carolina” [Article]
- “Not Your Style? Think Again. Trauma-Responsive Parenting Really Works” [Blog post]
- “Parents Adopt 6 Siblings From Foster Care: ‘The Love Is Forever’” [Blog post]
- "Thank You for Being a Child Welfare Worker!"
- “The Importance of Race and Culture in Adoption Permanency Decisions” [Webinar recording]
Visit the AdoptUSKids website for more.
James Bell Associates
- Continuous Quality Improvement Change Packages
- Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation in Home Visiting
- Peer Health Exchange Profile
- Program Manuals for Child Welfare Interventions: An Overview of the Development Process
Visit the James Bell Associates website for more.