February 2024Vol. 25, No. 1Webinar Discusses How to Modernize Child Welfare Systems
Modernizing technology to support child welfare practice efficiency is the focus of a recent webinar hosted by Government Technology and available on the Governing website. Currently, outdated case management systems and inefficient data management are cited as major tech-related hurdles that agencies face. This hour-long recorded webinar, hosted and moderated by a senior fellow from the Center for Digital Government, discusses how child welfare agencies can support the workforce—and the children and families it serves—through technology and innovation. Specifically, it addresses:
- Overcoming funding and workforce constraints
- Choosing the right technology for the future
- Meeting audit and compliance requirements
Following a brief introduction, a panel discussion in which speakers, experts with extensive child welfare and digital solutions experience, expound upon questions such as:
- What are some challenges state and local child welfare leaders across the country report having about their programs and case management systems?
- What case management capabilities do child welfare programs deem most important in their current systems? What capabilities are missing from their current systems?
- What approaches can help organizations achieve desired efficiencies and address resource constraints such as those related to budget, workforce, competing priorities, and more?
The session also incorporates audience engagement with dedicated time for questions and answers and a poll about the modernization features organizations might prioritize.
View the webinar “How to Modernize Child Welfare Systems” to learn more.