May 2005Vol. 6, No. 4Online Courses Offer Support for Adoptive Parents
Adoption Learning Partners offers a series of web-based courses to address the information needs of adoptive families, families contemplating adoption, adopted persons, and birth parents.
Developed in partnership with adoption and child welfare experts, e-learning instructional design experts, and adoptive families, each course provides instruction, interactive exercises, and extensive resource lists. Courses take anywhere from 1 to 2 hours to complete, and most are offered free of charge.
Courses focus on various aspects of the adoption process, including:
- Conspicuous Families: Race, Culture, and Adoption
- Adoption Tax Credit
- Let's Talk Adoption: A Lifetime of Family Conversations
- With Eyes Wide Open: A Preparation Guide to International Adoption
- The Journey of Attachment
- Finding the Missing Pieces: Helping Adopted Children Cope with Grief and Loss
- Becoming Your Child's Best Advocate: Help for Adoptive Parents
Complete course descriptions and registration information are available at www.adoptionlearningpartners.org.