October 2022Vol. 23, No. 8Updates From the Children's Bureau's Training and Technical Assistance Partners
The Children's Bureau funds several technical assistance centers to provide professionals with tools to better serve children, youth, and families.
The following are some of the latest resources from these partners:
Child Welfare Information Gateway
- From Complaint to Resolution: Understanding the Child Welfare Grievance Process
- Stepparent Adoption
- Permanency With Relatives and Kin [Webpage update]
Visit the Information Gateway website for more.
Child Welfare Capacity Building Collaborative
- Center for States
- Center for Tribes Tribal Information Exchange
Visit the Child Welfare Capacity Building Collaborative website for more.
Children's Bureau Learning & Coordination Center (CBLCC)
- "Transforming Experience Through HOPE" [Learning module]
- “Laying the Groundwork: Paid Family Leave as a Prevention and Promotion Strategy” [Digital Dialog]
Visit the CBLCC website for more.
- "Decreasing Racial Disparity in Permanency: A Conversation With Tatenda Perry" [Article]
- “Understanding, Engaging, and Supporting Native Families” [Webinar]
- “Peer Support Matters: Strategies to Incorporate and Elevate Those With Lived Experience” [Webinar]
Visit the AdoptUSKids website for more.
National Data Archive on Child Abuse and Neglect (NDACAN)
- "Contact After Adoption or Guardianship: Child Welfare Agency and Family Interactions" [Dataset]
- "National Youth in Transition Database (NYTD) - Outcomes Survey, Cohort Age 17 in FY2017, Waves 1–3 (Complete)" [Dataset]
Visit the NDACAN website for more.
National Child Welfare Workforce Institute (NCWWI)
- “Overrepresentation of Black Children in Child Welfare” [One-page summary]
- “Engaging Emerging Leaders as a Retention Strategy” [Webinar]
- American Indian/Alaska Natives Curriculum Content Evaluation Guide
Visit the NCWWI website for more.
Quality Improvement Center for Workforce Development (QIC-WD)
- Share your workforce questions to inform our National Webinar Series
- “The Child Welfare Workforce Crisis – What We’re Hearing From the Field” [Blog post]
- “A Quick Guide to Workforce Analytics for Child Welfare Agencies” [Blog post]
- Umbrella Summary: Employee Fit
Visit the QIC-WD website for more.
National Center on Substance Abuse and Child Welfare (NCSACW)
- Disproportionalities and Disparities in Child Welfare
- "Understanding Substance Use Disorders, Treatment, and Family Recovery: A Guide for Child Welfare Professionals" [Curriculum]
- Key Considerations for Applying an Equity Lens to Collaborative Practice
- Disrupting Stigma: How Understanding, Empathy, and Connection Can Improve Outcomes for Families Affected by Substance Use and Mental Disorders
Visit the NCSACW website for more.
James Bell Associates
- Capacity Building Service Strategies: A Review of the Literature
- Design for the Cross-Center Evaluation of the Child Welfare Capacity Building Collaborative, 2020–2025
- Strengthening Communities: A Qualitative Assessment of Opportunities for the Prevention of Adverse Childhood Experiences in the Wake of the Opioid Crisis
Visit the James Bell Associates website for more.
Title IV-E Prevention Services Clearinghouse
- The Review Process: Navigating Timeline Challenges
- How Does the Prevention Services Clearinghouse Determine Which Studies Are Reviewed?
- How Does the Prevention Services Clearinghouse Rate the Design and Execution of Studies?
Visit the Title IV-E Prevention Services Clearinghouse website for more.