November 2023Vol. 24, No. 9The Quality Improvement Center for Workforce Development Says Farewell
After 7 great years, the Quality Improvement Center for Workforce Development (QIC-WD) project came to a close in September 2023. In 2016, with funding from the Children’s Bureau, the QIC-WD was charged with building new, evidence-based knowledge about effective strategies to strengthen and improve child welfare workforce outcomes. Through partnerships with eight title IV-B-funded public and tribal child welfare agencies across the county, the QIC-WD examined the following workforce challenges:
- Case-supportive technology
- Competency-based personnel selection
- Job redesign
- Onboarding program
- Organizational change process
- Supportive supervision and resiliency
- Work-related traumatic stress
An overview of key findings from the project sites is available in the September QIC-WD newsletter. This article also provides insights on how the QIC-WD was able to bridge the research-practice gap through the team’s work to develop and test workforce interventions, use data to improve workforce outcomes, and share knowledge and resources to advance child welfare practice.
The most recent and final QIC-WD products include the following:
- “Addressing Historical Trauma” [Video]
- “Spotlight on Prevention Teams” [Video]
- “Workforce Analytics Dashboards: Bridging the Gap between HR and Child Welfare” [Video]
- Key Findings/Employee Lifecycle infographic
- Experiences of Professionals of Color in the Child Welfare Workforce
- Secondary Traumatic Stress: Definitions, Measures, Predictors, and Interventions
- Workforce Research Catalog [Tool]
Over the span of the project, a wide range of QIC-WD content and resources were produced. These valuable products are now housed and accessible via the University of Nebraska Digital Commons and Child Welfare Information Gateway.
Learn more about the project in this overview, view some highlights of QIC-WD’s journey in this video, and read the project’s final newsletter, which includes a heartfelt farewell from Dr. Michelle Graef, QIC-WD Project Director.
Related item: Read the article "QIC-WD Announces Key Findings From Eight Child Welfare Workforce Interventions" in the October 2023 issue of CBX.