November 2023Vol. 24, No. 9Updates From the Children's Bureau's Training and Technical Assistance Partners
The Children's Bureau funds several technical assistance centers to provide professionals with tools to better serve children, youth, and families. The following are some of the latest resources from these partners.
Child Welfare Information Gateway
- October Social Media Snapshot
- September Social Media Snapshot
- September E-lert!
- Expecting and Parenting in Care: Tips for Youth
- Finding and Working With Adoption-Competent Therapists
- Improving Services for Expectant and Parenting Youth in Care
- National Adoption Month Outreach Toolkit
- National Adoption Month 2023 Website Is Here!
- Parenting in Racially, Culturally, and Ethnically Diverse Adoptive Families
- Transition to Adulthood & Independent Living Outreach Toolkit
Visit the Information Gateway website for more.
Child Welfare Capacity Building Collaborative
- Center for Courts
- Center for States
- Center for Tribes Tribal Information Exchange
Visit the Child Welfare Capacity Building Collaborative website for more.
Children's Bureau Learning and Coordination Center (CBLCC)
- "Building Community Capacity to Support Perinatal Mental Health" [Digital dialogue]
- Share & Support for National Bullying Prevention Month
- Social Media Resources for National Bullying Awareness Month
Visit the CBLCC website for more.
FRIENDS National Resource Center
- "October 2023 FRIENDS Peer Learning Call: Prevention Councils" [Webinar recording]
- "September 2023 FRIENDS Peer Learning Call: Disaster Preparedness Response" [Webinar recording]
- "Just Ask" [Animated video]
- "Unstoppable" [Animated video]
Visit the FRIENDS National Resource Center website for more.
National Center on Substance Abuse and Child Welfare (NCSACW)
- "Screening for Substance Use in Child Welfare Using the UNCOPE" [Webinar recording]
- Supporting Pregnant and Parenting People With Substance Use Disorders Series:
- NCSACW Resources for Professionals Working With Pregnant and Parenting People Affected by Substance Use Disorders and Involved With Child Welfare
- Preparing for Your Baby: Information for Pregnant and Parenting People With Substance Use Disorders
- Resources for Professionals Working With Pregnant and Parenting People Affected by Substance Use Disorders
- Working With Child Protective Services to Support Pregnant and Parenting People, Their Infants, and Families Affected by Substance Use Disorders: A Factsheet for Health Care Providers
Visit the NCSACW website for more.
National Child Welfare Workforce Institute (NCWWI)
- 2023 Child Welfare Worker Recognition Event [Video showcase]
- "4 Cs of Workforce Development: Culture, Competency, Capacity, & Community" [Webinar recording]
- Knowledge and Attitudes of Implementation Support Practitioners: NCWWI One-Page Summary
- "ReIgnite Your Spark" [Webinar recording]
- Why Coaching Is Worth Your Investment
- Work With Purpose Child Welfare Professional Recruitment Toolkit
Visit the NCWWI website for more.
National Data Archive on Child Abuse and Neglect (NDACAN)
- 2023 Summer Training Series [Webinar recordings, slides]
- Fall 2023 issue of The NDACAN Updata [Newsletter]
Visit the NDACAN website for more.
Quality Improvement Center on Engaging Youth in Finding Permanency (QIC-EY)
- "From Passenger to Pilot" [Video]
- "Making Moments Matter: Transforming Child Welfare One Moment at a Time" [Webinar recording]
- QIC-EY Lessons Learned #4
Visit the QIC-EY website for more.
National Quality Improvement Center on Family-Centered Reunification (QIC-R)
- "Implementing Culturally Responsive Programs and Practices for Under Resourced Populations" [Presentation slides]
- "Implementing Culturally Responsive Programs and Practices for Under Resourced Populations" [Webinar recording]
Visit the QIC-R website for more.
National Quality Improvement Center on Tailored Services, Placement Stability, and Permanency for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, and Two-Spirit Children and Youth in Foster Care (QIC-LGBTQ2S) at the National Center for Youth With Diverse Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity & Expression (SOGIE Center)
- “National Recognition for AFFIRM Youth” [Blog post]
- Tool for Child Welfare Staff: Federal Funding for Gender Affirming Materials for Transgender & Nonbinary Youth in Foster Care
Visit the QIC-LGBTQ2S on the SOGIE Center website for more.
Quality Improvement Center for Workforce Development (QIC-WD)
- "Experiences of Professionals of Color in the Child Welfare Workforce" [Blog post]
- "Key Findings From the QIC-WD at Various Stages of the Employee Lifecycle" [Blog post]
- "Secondary Traumatic Stress: Definitions, Measures, Predictors, and Interventions" [Blog post]
- September 2023 - QIC-WD Newsletter
- "The Quality Improvement Center for Workforce Development: Bridging the Research–Practice Gap in Child Welfare" [Blog post]
- Final QIC-WD Newsletter
- September 2023 - QIC-WD Newsletter
- Umbrella Summary: Turnover
- Workforce Research Catalog [Tool]
Visit the QIC-WD website for more.
- "2023 Adoption and Foster Care Ads: 'You can't image the reward'" [Article]
- "Adoptive Families Highlight the Need for Adopting Teens in New Public Service Advertisements" [Blog post]
- "Bringing Joy, Humor, and Hope to the Support Group Experience" [Webinar recording]
- "Class Is in Session: A Discussion Guide to Help Families Navigate Schools" [Tool]
- "Foster and Adoptive Mom of 15 Years: 'Teens Are Great!'" [Article]
- "Help Resource Caregivers Support LGBTQ Youth: Insights From a Young Person With Lived Experience" [Article]
- "I Know First-Hand the Importance of Sibling Relationships in Foster Care" [Blog post]
- "Kinship Care: 'It’s Better for the Children and It’s Better for the Community'" [Article]
- "Resources for Children With Cross-Border Case Needs" [Webinar recording]
- "Thank You for Being a Child Welfare Worker!" [Article]
- "The Importance of Race and Culture in Adoption Permanency Decisions" [Webinar recording]
Visit the AdoptUSKids website for more.
James Bell Associates
Visit the James Bell Associates website for more.