This month, the Spotlight focuses on National Child Abuse Prevention Month, with articles about the latest resources for prevention, Children's Bureau-funded prevention grantees, the effects of parent training, and other successful prevention programs.
- Using Qualitative Research in Prevention Program Evaluation
- April Is National Child Abuse Prevention Month
- An Evidence-Based Approach to Prevent Child Neglect
- Promoting Culturally Competent Parenting Practices
- Positive Parenting for Prevention
- Replicating Effective Prevention: Children's Bureau Grantees
- Medically At-Risk Infants Benefit From Enhanced Home Visitation
Spotlight on National Adoption Month
Spotlight on Youth Homelessness
News From the Children's Bureau
CBX links you to the latest information from the Children's Bureau's Acting Associate Commissioner, grant announcements, site visits to Children's Bureau-funded programs, and national child maltreatment statistics.
- Site Visit: Tribal Program for Strengthening Parental Protectiveness
- CB Grant Update
- HHS Releases 2007 Statistics on Child Abuse and Neglect
- New! On the Children's Bureau Site
- Site Visit: A Youth-Driven Curriculum for Supervisors
- Updates From the T&TA Network
- From the Acting Associate Commissioner's Office
- Effective Contracts for Privatizing Child Welfare Services
- Court Improvement Program Community of Practice
- Early Deadline for Adoption Excellence Awards Nominations
CBX looks at the role of hospitals in child abuse treatment, how agencies can use experimentation to adapt programs, and a training program on interviewing skills.
Learn about creating university-agency partnerships for child welfare research, and find out about a new guide for kinship caregivers.